Expected release 22 04 23
1. Liquid Liquid - Optimo (2.43)
2. The Contortions - Contort Yourself (4.23)
3. Konk - Elephant (4.19)
4. impLOG - Holland Tunnel Dive (7.42)
1. Chain Gang - Son Of Sam (3.13)
2. Bush Tetras - You Can't Be Funky (2.43)
3. Material - Reduction (5.25)
4. Mars - Helen Forsdale (2.30)
5. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Wawa (2.22)
1. Theoretical Girls - You Got Me (3.54)
2. Konk - Baby Dee (6.02)
3. Mars - 3-E (2.50)
4. Bush Tetras - Too Many Creeps (4.02)
1. Arto / Neto - Pini, Pini (2.26)
2. Alan Vega - Bye Bye Bayou (8.34)
3. impLOG - Breakfast (3.27)
Soul Jazz Records’ new 20th anniversary one-off limited-edition heavyweight special-edition coloured vinyl pressing + download code exclusively for Record Store Day 2023 of Soul Jazz Records’ New York Noise: Dance Music from The New York Underground 1978-82.
‘New York Noise is a comprehensive look at the post-punk and no wave era, a short period in time whose influence is still immeasurable and sensed today.’ The Guardian
‘One of the most satisfying archival collections, Soul Jazz’s compilation New York Noise 1978-1982, gathers far-reaching tracks from such diverse acts as Liquid Liquid, Material, and Glenn Branca.’ Pitchfork
This new 2023 edition features classic New York post-punk, punk funk, synth wave and no wave tracks from Arthur Russell/Dinosaur L, James White and the Contortions, The Theoretical Girls, Mars, Konk, Material, Bush Tetras, Lizzy Mercier Descloux alongside rare tracks by the likes of Alan Vega (Suicide), Chain Gang and Implog.
‘New York Noise’ sums up the point in time and space where dance music and punk rock first met as New York’s No Wave artists such as Glenn Branca, James White alongside new york dance music’s experimental pioneers such as Arthur Russell (Dinosaur l), Bill Laswell (Material), and Konk created new musical art forms out of this union.