Expected release 22 04 23
2xLP / yellow vinyl
1. Rabbit Rumba – Nuestro Ayer
2. El Noi – Labios Morenos
3. Los Gitanos Polinais – En El Fondo Del Mar De Lima
4. Antonio González – Sarandonga
5. Peret – La Fiesta No Es Para Feos
1. El Gitano Portugués – Fui A Bahía
2. Maruja Garrido – Ché Camino
3. Juncal Y Sus Calistros – Tequila
4. Moncho Y Su Wawankó Gitano – Orisa
5. Peret – Voy, Voy
1. Dolores Vargas "La Terremoto" – Anana Hip
2. Chango – El Guapo
3. Ramonet Y Sus Rumberos – Bacalao Salao
4. Lola Flores Y Antonio González – Meneíto Men
5. Dolores Vargas "La Terremoto" – A-Chi-Li-Pú
1. El Noy – El Loco
2. El Noi – Sí, Compay
3. Chacho Y Sus Rumbas – El Pan Y Los Dientes
4. Maruja Garrido – Amanecí En Tus Brazos
5. Antonio González – Levántate
New one-off limited-edition heavyweight special-edition coloured vinyl pressing + 28-page booklet insert + download code exclusively for Record Store Day 2023 of Soul Jazz Records’ ‘Gipsy Rhumba: The Original Rhythm of Gipsy Rhumba in Spain 1965 – 1974’.
Soul Jazz Records’ Gipsy Rhumba is the first album ever outside of Spain to focus on one of the most exciting musical culture clashes ever that first took place in the early 1960s.
Primarily known as the creators of Flamenco, Gypsies from the Catalan region of Spain came up with a fascinating hybrid style – Gipsy Rhumba – which blended together Latin and Rhumba music of Cuba and the Caribbean together with their own Flamenco, as well as the emerging Rock and Roll from America.
The extensive booklet contains definitive sleevenotes by the musicologist Jose Manuel Gómez, record designs and stunning photography from the celebrated photographer Jacques Leonard.